Tuesday 21 February 2017

Hiding in the toilet

My son is officially at the stage of following me wherever I go and screaming if he doesn't get his own way. Yes that's right... we have arrived at the terrible twos. I thought a tiny baby was hard but this! This is a whole new ball game.

First off the tantrums. If I tell him no, he'll kick off at me. If I then tell him off for having said tantrum, he'll hit me. Then it's almost like he feels guilty and cuddles me. He has such a split personality. Sometimes he's like am overexcited puppy, running around, laughing.

Other times hes like butter wouldnt melt. Sits their giving me cuddles and kisses. I love this side to him. It makes me feel like im doing ok. That he's not being screwed up.

Ive got to the point where ill spend an extra few minutes sat on the loo just for some peace and quiet. Although hes figured this out and bangs on the door until i come out. We see videos of mums who hide from their kids and honestly, that is the stark reality of motherhood. It doesnt make us bad mums, its make us sane mums. Sometimes an extra 5 minutes to yourself makes the biggest difference.

Noah is my favourite person in the world. He always will be. But it is hard!! Its lonely being on your own. Sometimes long shifts at work are just what i need. Doesn't mean i love him any less. I just need to be Georgia for a bit and not just mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment