Saturday 9 January 2016

the real reality

Shows like 16 and pregnant and teen moms are infamous. We have watched the stars grow up, watched their children grow up. But here's the thing. That's not a completely realistic picture. Sometimes there's not all that drama. Sometimes it's not as easy as it's seems. Pregnancy and parenthood isn't as glamorous as it's portrayed. These girls have made some serious money doing this show and other projects (*cough cough* sex tape ). I'm not a fan of one of the girls on the original series. But one girl, caitlyn, she's the most realistic. She has had the most to go through. Not all teen moms keep their children. She's also shown to have suffered post natal depression. She should be admired for her courage. I'm sure the girls would not tell girls that being a teen parent is the best path but if it happens your choices will affect you. I wasn't a teen when I had my son. But I was only a year off. I'm still young with a lot to learn. The likes of farrah who gives her child $900 for a tooth, I mean come on. I don't even earn that in two months. That's unrealistic and we've all seen how her child acts. I'm not critiquing her parenting as she has her own way. But I know that even if I won the lottery, I would still work a few days a week and show my son that you have to work for the things you want. Not everyone can get pregnant young and become a household name. They are mostly just like us. But they have added drama from a show. Not all of us will split from our partners. Dont wish for what they have
 Everyone's journey is different. Embrace yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment